Why you need to focus on your mental healthJanuary 6, 2023
Unlock Joy for a Peaceful ExistenceJanuary 14, 2023
Today, I want to spend a little time on what a Culture of Joy is in the workplace, the studies that support this culture and the first step to begin to see immediate results from joy..
A culture of joy is a work environment or community in which joy is valued and actively cultivated. This can involve creating opportunities for people to experience joy, such as through play, laughter, and celebration, and promoting a positive, optimistic attitude. A Culture of Joy may also involve actively seeking out and promoting activities and behaviors that contribute to well-being and happiness. This can include things like supporting work-life balance, promoting healthy habits, and fostering a sense of connection and community among team members.
Studies that support a Culture of joy
There is evidence to suggest that a Culture of Joy can have numerous benefits for individuals and organizations. For example, research has shown that experiencing joy and positive emotions can improve mental and physical health, increase productivity, and enhance problem-solving abilities and creativity.
One study found that workers who experienced positive emotions on the job were more likely to report feeling engaged and committed to their work, as well as more likely to report high levels of job satisfaction and lower levels of burnout.
Another study found that individuals who experienced positive emotions at work were more likely to report higher levels of teamwork and collaboration, as well as better relationships with their colleagues.
Additionally, research has shown that organizations with a positive culture tend to have higher levels of employee retention, as well as lower levels of absenteeism and turnover.
Overall, the evidence suggests that a Culture of Joy can have a number of benefits for both individuals and organizations, including improved mental and physical health, increased productivity, and better teamwork and collaboration.
These are just a few of the companies that have typically been known to stand up for joy!
- Zappos: This online retailer is known for its emphasis on company culture and employee happiness. Zappos has a number of programs and initiatives in place to foster a culture of joy, including a commitment to work-life balance, regular team-building activities, and a focus on personal and professional development.
- Google: Google is another company that is known for its emphasis on employee happiness and well-being. The company offers a range of perks and benefits to its employees, including on-site gyms and recreation centers, free meals and snacks, and opportunities for professional development.
- Southwest Airlines: Southwest is known for its fun, lighthearted company culture, which includes a commitment to play and celebration. The airline is known for its festive atmosphere and for encouraging its employees to have fun on the job.
- Patagonia: This outdoor clothing company has a strong commitment to sustainability and corporate responsibility, and also places a high value on employee happiness. Patagonia offers a range of benefits to its employees, including flexible work schedules, on-site childcare, and opportunities for outdoor recreation and adventure.
First step to create a Culture of Joy in the workplace.
We believe strongly at JOYELY, that joy is not something to be taken lightly but instead the exact opposite, in fact, joy has to be prioritized and practiced daily to achieve results.
We know that CEO’s and executives care greatly about productivity, staying alert and are paying attention to the ever changing demands of the marketplace – and that can be stressful.
That is why we believe the FIRST step to creating a Culture of Joy is to implement the Chair of Joy™ Experience for the entire workforce as soon as possible.
We know Leadership does all they can to provide their teams the best tools, practices and techniques to enhance employee retention, customer and patient satisfaction and to develop the entire wellbeing of their teams. We know they do their best to reduce burnout and exhaustion and make mental fitness a priority.
We also know that all of this is a lot and that is why the Chair of Joy™ Experience which has been in development for over 30 years, is an easily adaptable framework which helps to facilitate:
- Identifying the values that are most important to your organization and making sure that they are reflected in the company Culture of Joy. We offer an easy way to develop creativity, innovation, teamwork, or collaboration.
- Encouraging open communication and feedback, and creating a Culture of Joy that has a solid foundation of transparency and trust. This helps to create a sense of connection and community among team members, which can contribute to a sense of joy.
- Fostering a sense of work-life balance. This involves providing flexible work arrangements, such as the option to work remotely or to have a flexible schedule so that joy can be focused on and prioritized in both the workplace and at home.
- Encouraging play and fun on the job. This involves team-building activities, company-wide events and celebrations, and encouraging employees to take breaks and sit in their Chair of Joy often during the day.
- Supporting employee well-being. Our on-site Culture of Joy programs promote healthy habits, and provide resources to help employees manage stress and maintain a positive outlook.
However you decide to increase the standard of joy in your workplace environment, it is a positive step forward. We encourage us to use the word JOY more often in your communication, and that leadership embraces the 21 Science-Based Reasons Why a Culture of JOY Is the Most Important Decision Your Company Can Make in 2023.
Nothing is more powerful or impactful than when the leadership teams are walking their joy talk.
ABOUT JOYELY CORPORATE PROGRAMS
What we do at JOYELY in our corporate programs offers products and services that promote joy in the workplace. The Culture of Joy programs offer team-building activities, wellness programs, and training sessions on work-life integration. We make sure all interactions are engaging, interactive, fun, and relatable, as well as easy and simple to understand.
JOYELY’s Chair of Joy Experience and specialized joy-enhancing techniques help increase productivity and build upon profitability strategies while decreasing turnover. We do all this while creating a healthier and more successful business.
Each company we work with is unique! At JOYELY, we consider the needs and values of each corporation we decide to work with. For example, we pay particular attention to the company mission and make sure there is an alignment of our approach and joy with the company’s mission or values.
Overall, we clearly communicate with corporations the extreme value of joy and the powerful science that backs a Culture of Joy. Our own unique research is outlined in the article, 21 Science-Based Reasons Why a Culture of JOY Is the Most Important Decision Your Company Can Make in 2023 will begin to create great results quickly.
We offer a 1–2-hour complimentary COJ Experience to select companies as an example of the Year of Joy Corporate Program.
Simply reach out to our JOYELY Team at www.joyely.com or you are welcome to connect with our founder, Sheryl Lynn at 949-303-5219 or email@example.com