Menlo is a custom software and consulting company he co-founded in 2001 in Ann Arbor, Michigan. Since then, Menlo has received worldwide notice for its unique culture, including recognition by Inc. Magazine as the most joyful company in America. Menlo has also been recognized by the Alfred P. Sloan award for Business Excellence in Workplace Flexibility for 11 straight years and has received a lifetime achievement award for Freedom at Work from WorldBlu, as well as five revenue awards from Inc. magazine. Today people come to Menlo from all over the world—nearly 20,000 in the past seven years alone—to learn about Menlo and how they can create a culture of joy in their own organizations.
Change is hard. But you won’t create a joyful workplace by leading the way you’ve always led. Rich explores his own journey to joy, focusing on how he had to learn to lead in a completely different way and, by doing so, witnessed results that exceeded his wildest expectations. Listen to this uplifting JOYELY Podcast episode with Rich Sheridan about balance and being the beacon of joy within your own office.
Here are some of the uplifting topics covered on this week’s show:
• Creating a team-based environment to avoid a company culture of overworking to remain important and death by burnout.
• The importance of connection and productivity outside the daily, unavoidable monotony.
• How to experiment with a new idea before officially “implementing” it.
• Why loving what you do improves your work flow and creates joy in your work.
• Know where your joy comes from and how to work with it to spread to others.